What can jumping rope do for you? A lot! An often-cited study found jumping rope for ten minutes can do more for your health than a 30-minute jog. Here are some other solid reasons to add frequent doses of skipping to your fitness regime.
Why skip? Because it …
- Improves coordination, stamina and focus which aids in brain health.
- Strengthens your feet and ankle preventing injuries.
- Blasts calories in a fun way.
- Is super portable and jump ropes need not be costly.
- Provides a full body workout by recruiting abs to stabilize body, legs for jumping and shoulders and arms to turn the rope.
- Is a good weight bearing exercise that can improve bone density and stave off osteoporosis.
- Increases your breathing efficiency and cardiovascular health.
Ladies only tip. Skipping can cause you to leak urine, especially if you have had kids. It is just a fact of life. Don’t let this “glitch” keep you from embracing the rope. Simply prepare with a protective garment and jump away!
Upcoming Athletics Workouts:
Tuesday September 7 @ 6:15pm.
3 Rounds For Time
800 meter row
400 Meter Run
20 Russian Kettlebell Swings
10 Kettlebell Box Step Overs
*warm up will include two minute skipping test of either singles, doubles, double taps, line hops or double under practice – rep number for workout will be determined here (max 80 doubles or 200 singles)
We want a heavier kettlebell that allows swing reps to be completed in 1-2 sets and box step ups executed with a tall chest and tight core.
Wednesday Sept 8 @ 6pm
8 (reps) x 5 single arm DB Strict Press
4 strict pull-ups
12 Single DB step back lunges
Finish: 6 min abs tba