Goodbye February. Hello March!
Ruck it! Join us March 13th at 4pm for an Athletics’ Tower Stair Ruck Climb in support of Stronger Together Vancouver’s Workout for Women’s Day Event.
How many times can you traverse the Tower Stairs (Trail 4) with a weighted pack in 60 minutes? Come get some fresh air and experience how a Rucking workout builds full body strength! Weights provided. Bring a strudy backpack and a towel to stuff around weights to hold in place.
Workout for Women’s Day 2021 runs from March 7-14th. Classes are primarily virtual due to COVID gym restrictions. The event is a coming together of local trainers and fitness studios around International Women’s Day (March 8). Classes will be offered by donation to charities that support girls and women.
The goals of the event are:
- to provide a space where all feel welcome and empowered to move in their own way;
- to support and benefit from the expertise of local movement instructors;
- to raise funds and awareness for organizations and causes that support all girls and women, inclusive of trans women and gender non-conforming people; and
- to promote inclusion, diversity and equity in movement settings.
Click here to see this year’s list of classes and register. Try something new for a good cause!
Follow @strongertogethervancouver on Instagram for updates.
In the meantime, let’s close out February with this Sunday morning Triplet!
11:15 am 2.28.21
- 1 min skipping
- 1 min full body rocks
- 1 min cross crawl squats
1 Mile Run
50 Box Jumps (sub: kettlebell swings)
50 Front Squats (moderate weight = sets of 10)
800 Meter Run
35 Box Jumps
35 Front Squats
400 Meter Run
20 Box Jumps
20 Front Squats
200 meter cool down walk into:
1-3 rounds :30 on :30 off
- Toes Touches (opposite arm to opposite leg)
- Leg Raises
- Dead Bugs
Stretch: 10 head nods/rotations/bird-dogs into reaching pigeon, lying hamstring, walking dog into child’s pose with belly breathing.